Veterinary Referral Surgical Practice provides compassionate expertise and individualized care for our patients and owners. We work with your family veterinarian, ensuring communications so all members of your pet’s health team are involved and informed in their care. We offer services in the following areas:
The surgeons at VRSP have extensive training and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of orthopedic conditions. These include:
Knee (stifle) surgery
- Cruciate rupture
- TPLO-Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy
- Extra capsular cruciate procedures
- Patellar luxation correction
- Hip luxation
- Hip dysplasia
- TPO – triple pelvic osteotomy
- FHO – femoral head ostectomy
- Elbow dysplasia
- UAP – Ununited Anconeal Process excision
- OCD – Osteochondritis Dissecans of the shoulder
Arthroscopic evaluation (Orthopedic and Neurology Center)
- Minimally invasive surgery to evaluate and treat conditions of the shoulder, elbow, knee and hip
- PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma treatment
- Stem cell therapy
We diagnose and treat all disorders of an animal’s brain, spine and peripheral nerves.
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Brain surgery for trauma or tumors
- Wobblers (Cervical Vertebral malformation)
- Surgery for malformation of the skull (Chiari-like malformation)
- Seizure diagnosis and management
- Management and diagnosis of vestibular disease (vertigo)
- Diagnosis and management of Chiari-like malformation and syringomyelia
- Other commonly managed diseases/syndromes include: encephalitis, brain tumors, hydrocephalus, head trauma, stroke and other brain disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of weakness, paralysis, and otherwise abnormal gait
- Commonly managed diseases/syndromes include: intervertebral disk herniation, spinal trauma, degenerative myelopathy, fibrocartilaginous embolism, meningitis, Wobbler syndrome, atlantoaxial subluxation, lumbosacral stenosis, and spinal tumors and other spinal cord and vertebral column disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of weakness or paralysis due to disease of nerves and muscles
- Diagnosis and management of pain due to disease of the nervous system
Our highly trained surgeons deliver the highest level of expertise at all our locations.
It's the diagnosis no one wants. The surgeons of VRSP provide compassionate care for both the pet and the family when a cancer diagnosis is made. Our surgeons will thoroughly discuss all options with you to provide the best possible treatment.
Our oncologic surgical expertise includes:
We use state-of-the-art monitoring equipment to track respiratory rate, temperature, blood pressure, pulse oxygenation, carbon dioxide levels and continuous electrocardiography.
We selectively chose our highly qualified, registered veterinary technicians to monitor every anesthetic case.
We perform the least invasive surgical technique where ever possible. Pre-operative and post-operative pain medications are given to maintain our patients’ comfort.
Overnight care and monitoring:
It’s crucial to know your pet is monitored the night following surgery. Each VRSP location provides around-the-clock observation by veterinarians trained in recognizing and providing post-operative care to be sure your pet receives the best in pain management and wound care.
Just like humans, pets can benefit immensely from proper physical rehabilitation. Our rehabilitation arm, AARF, accepts patients from all our locations as well as outside referrals.
Better recovery from surgery:
- Hip surgery
- Knee surgery
- Back or neck surgery
Chronic degenerative conditions:
- Arthritis of the hips, knees, ankles and elbows.
- Disc disease and associate back or neck pain
- Lumbosacral disease
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Cauda Equina Syndrome
- Tendon injuries
- Muscle injures
- Aid in fracture recovery
Personalized exercise programs and therapy plans can lead to a happier, healthier pet.
Conditioning boosts performance and decreases injury in agility, fly ball, hunting, field trials, Schutzhund and disc dogs